Sunday, January 24, 2010

Potluck

Mikel and I attended a vegan potluck at a nearby park today. As always, we stuffed ourselves past the point of piggery. My friend Jade baked these amazing raspberry, white chocolate, and green tea cupcakes. She also brought along four different types of mini cheeseburgers! Jemma served up some killer tabouli. Keiran used the woodfire oven to cook some "cheese" and "sausage" pizzas.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos at the park, as I was too busy being gluttonous! I did take some photos of our contributions to the potluck though:

Oreo cupcakes
The recipe for these cakes can be found on page 37 of Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. For me, cookies and cream-esque baked goods reign supreme over all others!

Asparagus and sun-dried tomato frittata
I found this dish in my recently-acquired copy of Vegan with a Vengeance. Many people have recommended this cookbook to me, and I'm glad that I chose the frittata as my first recipe. I was really happy with the soft, egg-like texture of the tofu, and the aromatic combination of flavours. I'll be favouring this killer recipe over the conventional scrambled tofu!

1 comment:

  1. The asparagus and sun-dried tomato frittata looks great! It's making me crave something savory and warm. Oh potlucks, always a good excuse to pig out!

    ReplyDelete